Landon with local farmers

Landon with local farmers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Let the good times roll...Zone nurse?


Hello family!

So two things happened this week that really made this week special for me.

Jeepney in the Philippines
First, I got the chance on Saturday to do "Exchanges" for the first time! Guess who my companion was??? Elder Hong! One of the APs! How cool is that? We got on a Jeepny, and started preaching to everyone on it. I passed out pamphlets and taught too!  Way cool! We taught a family how to have FHE too! Man…what a day! At the end of the day, he told me I was very sagad (means very good) in Illongo for only being here one month… way sweet! Confidence booster right there! I feel so happy and better about my language now. :) Doesn’t mean I am going to stop working, just that AN AP THINKS I AM REALLY GOOD FOR BEING HERE FOR ONLY ONE MONTH. Let the good times roll on I guess! I have high expectations of myself. He also told me I could become AP if I keep progressing like this.  I would love for that to happen! Guess we will see how I do.

Second, during the Mission Tour, the Zone Leaders were asking if anyone had any "medical experience" so that they could be the Zone Nurse… meaning that person would help all the missionaries who are sick in the zone. I showed them my First Aid / Emergency Response card certificate I got my sophomore year.  They said alright! You are the Zone Nurse my friend! So,  I am officially the one who takes care of all sick missionaries in my zone that I am in. Cool right?  I have already helped Elders with LBM get the medication that they need and given advice to elders that have fevers and sisters that have other stuff going on. Haha. I feel so good helping them when they need it! This might make me rethink the whole cop thing when I get home. Who knows?  I could follow in Papa’s and Mom’s footsteps!  I am pretty sure everyone who reads this is thinking I am crazy, but I really am considering it! Let me know what you all think.

And lastly, Michael passed his interview! And as far as I know, I am the one who gets to baptize him on Saturday! It’s ultimately his choice, but for now, I think it could be me. That’s what the Bishopric wants anyway… I will let you know next Monday. :) That would be a way cool experience too now that I think about it. I would be helping him come that much closer to the Celestial Kingdom…wow! I wonder what will happen.

Thank you all for your love and support through your letters, emails, and prayers. They are definitely all felt! I couldn’t go on without your love and support. It really helps, and I am so grateful to have you all as family, friends, and more.

I love you all!

More next week. :) 

-Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment