Landon with local farmers

Landon with local farmers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Merry Christmas...I love this Gospel


Caption on Elder Garner's Christmas Letter to his family

Hello everyone! 
Elder Garner and President Lopez
during the Christmas Conference at the mission home
(Elder Garner's ear pulling is a sign of a
very serious conversation).

Well for starters, I did get Nana and Papas package! Just yesterday actually. Man! They sent me enough sanitary stuff to last me my whole mission! Good grief! I am grateful for it so thank you. :) I will thoroughly enjoy all of the candy and food too! How did they know I love Nutella?? That stuff wont last long I can promise that!  
Elders Garner & Ellis reading
Christmas letters at mission home


We did have mission conference this past week and I bet you saw all those pictures! President Lopez pulled Elder Ellis aside and told the both of us that our moms are his number one Facebook fans...so congrats mom! He loves that you are so into the mission like I am.  :)  



Because of the new age change for missionaries  we are expecting 250 new missionaries coming by February. Meaning... I should be training! I am not sure how I feel about that yet since I am still kinda learning myself...I love mission conferences though! I love getting together with all the missionaries like that. I am not sure what it is but being with a whole bunch of missionaries, but sometimes I feel like I am in a dream you know? Its like "whoa... I am in the Philippines! On a mission!"  It still kind of shocks me sometimes with what I am doing all day everyday. I love what I am doing out here though! I love this Gospel. 


This week was an awful week for me though personally. I caught some kind of bug. I am not sure what but I came home from mission conference on Tuesday just feeling bad. I started to have back aches, a head ache, and just felt all weak inside you know? Usually with all the walking we do, I get tired sure, but not bad. But I honestly could barely walk. I was like dragging myself all night to appointments... ugh. Then I woke up on Wednesday morning with a cough. A bad one. I still have it now actually. I got on the phone with the mission doctor and he told me what to buy to help it. Its called Guaifenesin or something like that. I have never heard of it but it sort of does the trick. The Dayquil I have does nothing so I gave up on that. The doctor called again last night and checked up on me and I told him nothing has changed and that I still feel kinda sick. He gave me another thing to go buy so I will be doing that later today. I am doing a little better everyday, I just cough all night long and have a hard time sleeping. Hopefully it dies soon!  


Anyway, other than that nothing happened this week. Except the Manapla Elders (the other companionship that lived with us) moved out the other day. So its just me and my companion now. Its a lot nicer! We have more room to work with! 


This email is going to be shorter because most of the stuff I want to talk about I want to do over Skype .. sorry! I do have exciting and kinda funny news regarding my weight though... so remind me tomorrow!  



I love you all so much!



 I look forward to tomorrow! Have a great day.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment