Landon with local farmers

Landon with local farmers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pablo & Pigaw


Hey all! 

So this week was way quick. I honestly cannot believe that I am already back emailing you all again. Oh how the time flies! I forgot my planner at our apartment that has everything I needed to write in this email... so hopefully I remember everything I wanted to say! First off, I need to ask for your preference. Should I start all my emails with how my week was spiritually, then go into fun memories, then go into stuff I need if anything at all? Let me know what you think! Whatever you all want, honestly.

Well, this week Elder Garlick went back home to his family. I only knew him for 8 weeks, but honestly he was like an older brother to me. He helped me with so much! Not only was he a great missionary and helped members and investigators strengthen their faith, but missionaries too. I can’t wait to see that kid in Utah again! We have plans to hang out already.  He is attending U of U as of now. So while I wait for that long awaited day for Heather to come home (sometime after me), I will be spending most of my time doing whatever my family wants to do, and I will most likely be at Maeser helping Nate Marshall, and Coach Watabe  THEN, SLC with Elder Garlick. But for now, I am here, doing the Lords work! :) I love it here. 

I have honestly improved so much. Elder Delos Santos quizzes me on new words every day. Our thing is when I hear a word I don’t know, I write it down. I usually get like 10-15 words a day. At the end of the day when we close and plan for the next day, I tell him what I heard, and he gives me the translation. Then the next day, he helps me learn everything I have written down. He is so awesome! I love my companion. 

We kind of did have a lot of "pigaw" (meaning bad, not so good, crap) days this week… a lot of people weren't home. I am not sure where they went with the typhoon and all. Which by the way, was nothing. It barely rained. It was cloudy sure, no sun, but no rain as well. It like sprinkled… Texas rain laughs at the Philippines rain brought by Pablo now... It was mostly just windy. That's all. But ya, anyways a lot of people weren't home this week - or went to bed at 7:30, or were drinking... I think the Lord is trying to teach me patience right now. Cause this week wasn’t so awesome.

I do though, have a freaking odd, kind of creepy, cause I like this sort of thing you know, story. In our area, there was a ton of cop cars all week. I didn't know why. But every day I heard sirens. I won’t go into too much detail because I don’t know how much you can handle but... ya there was a rape and murder. Honestly? Wow. It’s insane here. It's taken care of now, and the men responsible are behind bars now. I don’t know what will happen to them cause I am not sure if they have the death penalty here. I was a little worried for my own safety… But all is well! The dumb men are gone. You are probably wondering how I heard all this? Well, a lady that lives in that certain area is the Primary President in our Branch. We went to visit her and as soon as she saw us, she told us everything. I mean EVERYTHING. She’s one of those talkative types you know? She’s so funny though. Her name is ‘Sister G’. OH! She also asked me, ME, for advice... I didn't know how to tell her that the Branch President would be better for this.

That's all I have this week!

I am getting excited for Christmas time though!  Skype!  Who is all going to be there by the way?? Mom, Dad, Gabrielle, Garrison, Gavin, Grant, Nana, Papa, and Heather? Anyone else?



And the members here are throwing a huge Christmas party which is awesome! Oh wait, I tried Casava the other day.. which is Root? Filipinos cook it, and it tasted just like sweet potatoes! Pretty good! 


I love you all so much! Can’t wait to hear from you all. 

-Elder Garner

ps. I need another journal by the way. I am almost done with the one I brought. Send a large, blue, hardback one. Like the huge one mom has for her journal.

pss. Hey dad look on Utah's roster for... shoot. I only know his last name. His last name is Vatu. Or that’s what we called him at least. He just went home as well from his mission here. He is 6'4, 300 lbs and is the D End for Utah this next season. He is massive --biggest Tongan missionary I have met. He could eat a whole barn. Sheesh…also, when did Jackson Hill leave on his mission?

Have a fantastic week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment