Landon with local farmers

Landon with local farmers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Amen, Elder Holland. I Believe!


04.14.13
"What was once a tiny seed of belief for me has grown into the tree of life, so if your faith is a little tested in this or any season, I invite you to lean on mine."

Those are the words that I left Conference with yesterday. Amen Elder Holland. I believe. 
Elder Jeffery R. Holland


Hello all! 

This week again, went by super quick. Topped off by an amazing General Conference. Wouldn't you all agree? I think for me, Elder Holland was my personal favorite. I find myself doubting whether I can do this or not, whether I can press forward and really do what I need to do. But I heard what I needed to hear from him. I have everything I need to help others come closer to Him and His Son. I want others to feel what we as members feel everyday. Lord, I believe that through You, I can do anything. I can climb the biggest mountains, I can swim the largest seas, I can find people to bring your message to. I can teach with power enough to affirm to their souls that this is the right path for them. Lord, I believe. 

This week though, Elder Newton and I have been working on some Less Active members. The C Family. They were the first members in this whole area. So in reality, they are the pioneers of this area. They haven't been to church in who knows how long. All I know is they are less active.. But! Elder Newton and I have visited them a ton this week, and we have gotten to be pretty close with them. Its really great. They came to General Conference too. They invited us over Thursday for dinner (this coming one) as well!  Making progress with them. The mom of them, is like 60 years old. She reminds me so much of Nana its insane. Height, hair, and the way she talks to me. Even though it is in a different language.. Haha. But still. I see and talk to her, and I think NANA (yes nana I miss you and papa!). 

As far as investigators go, Brother M has not been to church in 5 weeks. He tells us that he wants to come, and we keep inviting him, but he doesn't show up. Even with his ALREADY MEMBER WIFE. Hard to explain. I flat out asked him last week "Brother, do you have the desire to be baptized into this church?" And he responded with a resounding "yes elder, I really do." Then I told him in the most loving way that he needs to come to church.. Its really the only way. I hope he follows through this upcoming week. L & M are on our spot light to be invited to be baptized this week. They read every single night from the Book of Mormon, together! I mean come on... Can you just say they are prepared or what??? They totally are. Then lastly, J. She is a part member, and has the date of June 15. Only because she lives so far away and we can only teach her one time a week (Presidents orders). But she has come to church 4 weeks straight. She is ready and just needs to be taught all the lessons. I'll update you all on that as time goes on..

That is all I have for this week. But, this week we have exchanges with Sipalay, and Cauayan. Two straight days of fun! That is next weeks email though. I love you all so much. Thank you all for everything that you do for me. Until next week! 

Love From The Philippines!

-Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment