Landon with local farmers

Landon with local farmers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

P.S. God is winning



04.21.13 
Hey all! This week just scooted right on by! I can hardly believe it. Let me get right on to it..We had two doses of exchanges this past week. Oh man what that fun and a ride at the same time. First was on Tuesday this last week. I went with Elder Torres our District Leader and we worked in his area. Elder Newton took Elder Magbual back to our area and worked there for the day. Elder Torres and I had a great day! 8 lessons in one day. Goodness. We had a lot of success. Elder Newton and Elder Magbual did not however. They did get three lessons which was good. They are both really new still and still in the training program. When President told us that he wanted the two Seniors to work together and have the Juniors work, I asked "won't they struggle though?" He laughed and said "Let them struggle Elder. That is what the mission is all about." So.... that is what happened. I think it was a good experience though. The next day the Zone Leaders came and we swapped again. I went with Elder Mata'utia back to his area and worked with him again. He is always a lot of fun to be with. He is straight from the island of Samoa, so his English is kinda choppy sounding, but he is really good. He is a great teacher too. I learned a lot of new words, and teaching skills to use when I teach too. That is kind of the point of exchanges anyway... to learn from your Seniors! 

Other than that, we had two investigators move yesterday. Sister V, and Brother M. They both moved over to the Negros Oriental side of the island. In the Cebu East mission.... so we lost two investigators right there. Sad day but... what can you do right? On the other hand, we have 2 new investigators on hand. S S , and Brother Valence. They both were referred to us by members so we have begun teaching them. They are progressing quickly so Elder Newton and I are planning on inviting them to be baptized this week. We are excited about it! We also taught J yesterday in the chapel. We finished lesson one with her, and she has accepted to be baptized on June 15th. Little far out, but due to the fact that she lives so far away, President Lopez said that he wants us to focus around the church where its closer. So teach her once a week is what he told us. That is why her date is a little way out there. 

We did have Presidents Training this last week though. Man what a fun day. I always love when he comes down to train us. My dad always tells me how lucky we are to have a President that will travel from Zone to Zone to train them in a day. I can see how right that is. President Lopez trained us mostly on the Restoration. I will never forget what he told us. He said "Elders, when you teach the first vision, I want you to bring the Sacred Grove into the home you are teaching" And my mind was just blown. I mean we all try to do things like that when we teach, but the way he put that phrase, and delivered it was amazing.
President Lopez instructing the missionaries.

Elder Garner and Newton learning from the President
and staying hydrated.

Elder Garner giving the spiritual thought.

Elder Garner sending me the message that
 'Yes mom.  I am staying hydrated.'

receiving more instruction

Elder Garner and Elder Newton &
The First Vision
He did a few Q and A with us too. He went so deep doctrine on us that I still can't believe how much knowledge he has. Man oh man. He said not to quote him or he will deny it. Hahaha. He did all that for our benefit, not to use when we teach. He did shed some light about the pre earth life that I did not know. If you want to know, ask me in an email so I can tell you. All in all, I left that training uplifted. 

This week we have one more batch of exchanges! Looking forward to that! I love you all so much. I pray for you all daily. Have a great week! 

P.S. God is winning.  
Feasting on the food after feasting on the word.

Working to contain his enthusiasm for American Hot Dogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment